Wednesday, December 22, 2010

“But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14

This is a common passage that a lot of us have heard before, but it seems to sum things up as I begin another transition. Today is officially my last day in Cusco, Peru. I will be going back to Lima for my final month here in Peru. While it has been such a blessing to be here in Cusco, I am definitely looking forward to Lima.

This past month has been spent wrapping up things here. We tried to find someone to take over our ESL classes, but no one was available. So this past week we had our final classes and a get together for all of the people who usually attend the classes. It has been such a blessing to see all of them grow not only in their English, but more importantly in the walk with the Lord.

This next month we will be traveling to the town of Ayacucho to encourage and train some local pastors. Then we will finish up the month with a training for a group of nationals that plan on traveling to various villages for about a month or two to share the Gospel with the Quechua people.

Please be praying for the trainings with both the pastors and the national missionaries. Please be praying for our students here in Cusco that they would continue to seek to learn not only English but also the Scriptures. Also I will be coming home on Jan. 26th. Please be praying about that transition as I begin looking for a job and planning for things back in the U.S. I hope you are all doing well and have a merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment